Completed in the spring of 1933, the Longworth House Office Building is the second of three office buildings constructed for the United States House of Representatives as well as a fine example of the Neo-Classical Revival style popular in the second quarter of the 20th century.

Planning for a second office building for the House of Representatives began in 1925. Severe overcrowding in the Cannon House Office Building (completed in 1908) led to the renovation of the Cannon Building and the construction of the Longworth Building. Under the direction of Architect of the Capitol David Lynn, preliminary designs for the building were prepared by a local firm known as The Allied Architects of Washington (Inc.). The principal architects were Frank Upman, Gilbert LaCoste Rodier, Nathan C. Wyeth and Louis Justemente. They produced two schemes for a simple, dignified building in harmony with the rest of the Capitol Complex. In January 1929 Congress authorized $8,400,000 for acquiring and clearing the site and for constructing the new building. The foundations were completed in December 1930, and the building was accepted for occupancy in April 1933.

Because of its position on a sloping site, the rusticated base of the Longworth Building varies in height from two to four stories. Above this granite base stand the three principal floors, which are faced with white marble. Ionic columnssupporting a well-proportioned entablature are used for the building's five porticoes, the principal one of which is topped by a pediment. Two additional stories are partially hidden by a marble balustrade. It presents a somewhat more restrained appearance than the neighboring Cannon Building, which was designed in the more theatrical Beaux Arts style. The Longworth Building takes its place along with the National Gallery of Art (1941) and the Jefferson Memorial (1943) as one of Washington's best examples of the Neo-Classical Revival style.

When the Longworth Building was completed, it contained 251 congressional suites, 5 large committee rooms, 7 small committee rooms, and a large assembly room now used by the Ways and Means Committee. It was in this room, which seats 450 persons, that the House of Representatives met in 1949 and 1950 while its chamber in the Capitol was being remodeled. The building was named in 1962 in honor of Nicholas Longworth of Ohio, who served as Speaker of the House of Representatives (1925-1931) when the building was authorized.



Type of property: Office

Location: District 1 (Center)

Street Nguyen Van Cu

Bedrooms: 0

Floor: 0

Land Area:

Usable area:150 m2

Rental/Month: 15 USD


Office for rent on Nguyen Van Cu street, Nguyen Cu Trinh Ward, District 1. With area: 150sqm/ each floor. Fully equipped such as system fire, elevator... security 24/7. The rental: 15$/sqm ( Including VAT). 



Location    : Three front Vo Van Tan- Ba Huyen Thanh Quan - Nguyen Thi Dieu St., Dist. 3 – Ho Chi Minh City

Area    : 2,819,5 m2 (square meter)
Legal papers and documents: Private the land, red book- buying and sale under Vietnam laws.

You are allowed to building 30 floors and 2 basements. Construction density: 60- 65%.
The land owner will sell the rest to Invector .
Project Procedure  Firstly, Invector  has a careful examination on legal documents and whether the land area is suitable for Invector  demand and feng shui.

This Week
This Month
All days

chi em phu nu, game, game, tin game, kgamevn, tin game thu, suc khoe tong hop, gamek, tin game hay, tin game, game viet nam, game, game, game thu viet, chi em phu nu, game, game hay, tin moi, suc khoe doi song, game thoi trang hay 2014, choi game dua xe hay, ban sung hay, tin tuc, xem phim, game mien phi, game hay nhat